Monday, May 13, 2013

‘Is this a wind up?’: A weeping Sheridan Smith mouths ‘f**king hell’ as she can’t contain her shock at beating Sienna Miller for TV Bafta

By FAY STRANG

Emotional: Sienna Miller cried as she picked up the award for Leading Actress at the TV Baftas on Sunday evening

Actress Sheridan Smith turned the airwaves blue on Sunday evening as she picked up the highly coveted Leading Actress British Academy Television Award for her role as Mrs Biggs.
The shocked 31-year-old wept with joy, while mouthing ‘f**king hell’ as she took to the stage at the Royal Festival Hall to receive her award.
Overwhelmed and incredulous that she had beaten off the likes of A-lister Sienna Miller, the actress began her speech by saying: ‘Is this a wind up? Is this for a real?’

Amazed: Sheridan began her speech by asking whether it was a wind up as she couldn't believe she had beaten the likes of Sienna Miller

She continued: ‘You shouldn't cry, you look like a k**b. Oh f**k, sorry. I'll just hide behind that (lifting up the award).'
‘I don't think I deserve it. It's because of the Mrs Biggs team…’
After much crying and a smattering of swearing she concluded: ‘I'm so sorry, how embarrassing, I can’t believe it.’

Overwhelmed: Sheridan said she didn't think she deserved the award and it should go to the whole team

Mrs Biggs: The actress won her award for her role in the five part series Mrs Biggs

Letting it out: Not concerned with remaining prim and proper the star let her emotions out

Leggy: Sheridan looked stunning in her black minidress which showed off her slim legs

After receiving the award, she still remained amazed and said: ‘I'm just in complete and utter shock.
'When the nominations were announced I thought it was my mate winding me up until I went on Twitter and checked it was real.
‘I was so convinced there was no chance I would win. But when they said my name it was like an out of body experience. It was surreal.’

Sheer shock: Sheridan almost looked like she was about to be sick when her name was called out

Can't cope: The star burst into tears straight away and raised her hands to her face



source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts